1. There will always be babies and mothers who breastfeed and need the help of other mothers who have breastfeeding experience and knowledge.
2. In La Leche League, the art of breastfeeding comes before the clinical act of breastfeeding.
3. Breastfeeding is empowering to women.
4. Breastfeeding is the unselfish giving of one to another and the selfish act of knowing no one else can do what you do for your baby.
5. The sisterhood of La Leche League leadership is a special bond.
6. Who else but another woman who has breastfed can truly understand how you can hate to get up in the middle of the night and love the reason for it at the same time?
7. As more research points out the irreplaceable benefits of breastfeeding, the value of the mother’s role, and the importance of a mother's consistent presence to a baby in the early years, La Leche League is becoming more and more relevant to the world.
8. La Leche League brings together women (and their families) from many different cultures, backgrounds, economic strata, and intellectual levels and unites them in the common purpose and mission of promoting breastfeeding.
9. La Leche League is baby-friendly, mother-friendly, family-friendly, community-friendly, eco-friendly, and a model for the ancient tradition of mother-to-mother support.
10. What other breastfeeding support organization can celebrate 50 years of service to mothers and babies?
----Cindy Garrison, Member, LLLI Board of Directors